Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Day 2 on the Fast Metabolism Diet - 4/30/13

I was very interested in seeing the number on the scale this morning - I know, I know, its only been 1 day!  But, with all the food I ate yesterday and how full I felt, I thought FOR SURE I would be at the same weight or have gained a pound.  But magically, I'm down 2 lbs and my husband is down 4 lbs!  Again, I know it's just been a day, but checking the scale every morning is helping to motivate me to keep going and a daily reminder that I can do this!

Some key items that I also want to mention are the water intake and energy levels.  I am particularly interested in having increased energy on this diet plan.  I feel that for many years, I am always tired and often take naps on the weekend or in the evening.  I'm hoping that with the clean eating, I will see some improvements.

Water: You must drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces. Not as big of a deal for me since it's only 80 oz, but the hubby is adjusting to drinking 130 oz of water a day.

Energy: I'm not seeing a drastic improvement in my energy yet.  I can say that I didn't yawn a million times on the way into work today but I don't feel like I can jump up and go run a 1/2 marathon.  I plan to monitor this throughout the 28 days and will keep you posted.

Morning Weigh In:
Kiana: 161.0 lbs
Tone: 257.0 lbs


Menu:
Breakfast @ 7am:
Oatmeal with blueberries

Snack @ 10:30am:
Apple

Lunch @ 1:30pm:
Chicken and Broccoli Rice Bowl - leftovers

Pineapple

Snack @ 3:45pm:
Apple

Dinner @ 7:15pm:
Chicken and Broccoli Rice Bowl - leftovers

Notes on Food:

Oatmeal with blueberries - It was actually pretty good and I sprinkled some Stevia on it as well. I normally eat oatmeal with a TON of brown sugar and raisins, so this is a big change, but one that I can easily adapt to.
All other foods were either leftovers or fruit, so nothing else to add. I still felt full throughout the day, which makes it difficult to eat the snacks.


Preparation:
I'm definitely a newbie on buying vegetables and planning accordingly for the menu items.  I realized at 7:30pm that I needed to make soup for tomorrow's lunch and that I didn't have enough veggies for it.  So, I ran to the store and started the soup around 9:30pm (after dance).  Not the best planning in the world since the soup needed to simmer for an hour than cool down to de-bone the chicken.  After I turned off the stove, I went to bed and woke up a couple of hours later (1:30am) to de-bone the chicken and got everything ready for lunches.  If this soup is any good, I'll be sure to plan my Tuesday nights a little better! 

Workout:
None (only because of the crazy Tuesday dance schedule)

6 comments:

  1. Okay, so you have thoroughly inspired me! Congratulations to the two of you. :-)

    I'm going to start this on Monday and will use this weekend to get all my ducks in a row with reading, shopping, sorting and putting systems of support in place as I feel these so helped the two of you. I don't have a hubby who will journey with me, so I'll plan to read again through each of your days as my inspiration. So thank you for this!

    I don't suppose you would be willing to share you excel spreadsheet would you? If so, is there a way I could give you my email address without publishing it?

    Thank you for blogging as you did. You can't begin to know how helpful this is going to be as a "support"!

    Gillian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gillian - I'm happy that you are finding the blog useful. I've fallen off the wagon a bit but plan to start back up and perhaps we can "support" each other in the journey! Email me your address at kianam@comcast.net. Ill probably delete this comment by end of day so please email me today with your email so I can send you my sheet.

      Delete
  2. Hi! I love your blog! I have just started this diet and love seeing how different people adapt it to their lives and seeing recipes. Do you mind sending me the excel file you used for planning if you still have it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am finding your blog sooo useful! Thanks for sharing. If you happen to still have your spreadsheet I would love to use it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog, can you share the excel sheet with me too. Nerisca.kaufmann@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tried the Chicken and Broccoli Rice Bowl. This smelled really good cooking but when eating, I found it totally tasteless! Will not cook it again.

    ReplyDelete