Saturday, May 11, 2013

Day 12 on the Fast Metabolism Diet - 5/10/13

Oh, Phase 3 - YES!  I bought an avocado hummus from Trader Joe's to dip the veggies in - yum!  I've never really been into avocados but this was good, and far better than plain veggies. 
It's still really tough getting used to staying in on a Friday night or over the weekend. We've not ever been to a "healthy" sit down restaurant and feel too tempted if we try to go to one of our favs and just get a salad - nor do we feel its worth it. We can make the food at home for cheaper and know what's going into it. But it's still hard to get used to!
It's been a very frustrating week for me with the lack of weight loss. I'm trying to keep my "head in the game" and remember the overall goal of repairing my metabolism.  It has just been very tough when I'm eating and exercising per the plan but the scale is not moving. The cravings have increased today big time! But I'm staying committed and seeing it to the end of the 28 days. 

Morning Weigh In:
Kiana: 154.8 lbs
Anthony: 247.4 lbs


Menu:

Breakfast @ 6:45am:
Oatmeal and blueberries, scrambled egg with peppers

Snack @ 9:45am:
Carrots and avocado hummus

Lunch @ 12:45pm:

Subway salad with spinach, tomatoes, green peppers, cucumbers and italian dressing; grapefruit.

Snack @ 3:45pm:
Carrots and Cucumber with avocado hummus

Dinner @ 7:00pm:

Avocado quesadilla - YUM!


Workout:
None

Notes on Food:
Tonight we made a new recipe from the book - avocado quesadilla - we added in chicken just because it sounded better and it turned out great. My friend Tana has posted about the Mississippi Market (co-op) in St Paul on FB, so I decided to check it out and was able to get the tortillas and mayo I was looking for earlier this week - thanks Tana for indirectly introducing me to a great store! 
We used a sprouted grain tortilla that was baked with grapeseed oil and several herbs. Then made a mixture of avocado, lime and safflower mayo. We topped it off with some grilled chicken slices, tomatoes and onions. It was so good! I would definitely make this again, and when the 28 days are over I'll try it with a brown rice tortilla - sprouted grain is ok but the texture is pretty tough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment