Sunday, May 19, 2013

Day 19 on the Fast Metabolism Diet - 5/17/13

Oops, I missed a few days here of posts, so here I go. 

Today, the hubby and I were off of work for my daughter's dance competition.  The day worked out pretty nice - after breakfast my sister came over and we did the P90X yoga video.  I then made up snacks for us to have during the competition and we literally ate lunch right before walking out the door.  After the competition and awards, we stopped at Panera and Subway for salads and subs for the kiddos.  While the diet may seem very labor intensive with having to make food at home most of the time, it is nice to stop and have it prepared by someone else.  And I love that Panera uses antibiotic free chicken and has really tasty balsamic vinaigrette dressing.

I think the best quote I've heard while on this diet was from my son about the avocado quesadillas - "mom, these are the best thing I've ever ate!  Well, except for chocolate because that is my favorite!"  Love that kid!

Morning Weigh In:
Kiana: 152.2 lbs
Anthony: 244.2 lbs


Menu:

Breakfast @ 7:30am:
Eggs benedict

Snack @ 10:30am:
Carrots and hummus

Lunch @ 1:30pm:

Avocado quesadilla

Snack @ 4:30pm:
Carrots and raw sunflower seeds

Dinner @ 7:30pm:

Panera salad

Workout:
P90X Yoga DVD

Notes on Food:
I made eggs benedict for the first time in my life and I think it turned out pretty good.  I received the recipe from the Haylie Pomroy's email subscription.  I didn't care for the taste of the hollandaise sauce so I omitted it.  It was the first time I had poached in egg (I found a wonderful tutorial online) and they turned out great.  I used a brown rice english muffin (shh...we're not supposed to have brown rice today - oops!), turkey bacon, steamed spinach and the poached egg.  Very good!

No comments:

Post a Comment