Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Day 1 on the Fast Metabolism Diet - 4/29/13

Yesterday was our first day on The Fast Metabolism Diet.  Although I wasn't feeling the best all day (my stomach hurt from the moment I woke up and I got a headache around 4pm), I still ate all of the food on the meal plan and did my cardio for the day. 

Menu:
Breakfast @ 6:30am:
Strawberry French Toast

Snack @ 9:30am:
Pineapples and Strawberries

Lunch @ 12:45pm:
Open-faced Turkey Sandwich
Strawberries

Snack @ 3:45pm:
Apple

Dinner @ 7:15pm:
Chicken and Broccoli Rice Bowl

Workout:
Insanity Max Cardio Conditioning DVD

Morning Weigh In:
Kiana: 163.2 lbs
Tone: 261 lbs

Overall, I felt like I ate a LOT on Monday.  Eating every 3-4 hours is an adjustment for me - I'm used to eating 2-3 times a day and I definitely do not eat this much fruit in a day.  So far, yesterday was a good start to the diet.  I can't wait to see how the rest of the week turns out.

Quick note on the foods:
Strawberry French Toast was made with Sprouted Grain bread - a very nutty/wholesome taste.  It was different and not my favorite dish, but I ate it!
Open-faced Turkey Sandwich - again, sprouted grain bread, so not my favorite and I was glad there was only one slice of the bread!
Chicken and Broccoli Rice Bowl - this turned out pretty good and the kids had some too.  They kept asking "what smells so good?!" while it was cooking.  I made a double batch for lunch leftovers and since Tuesday night is dance night and I'm busy with running my daughter back and forth from the studio, we decided we'll have it for dinner Tuesday night as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment