Thursday, May 2, 2013

Day 3 on the Fast Metabolism Diet - 5/1/13

Day 3 starts a new phase in foods - protein and veggies only.  My first thought this morning was, this may be a challenging day.  As I looked at the meals for today and go, what have I gotten myself into?!  I still have cravings here and there, but I just need to keep thinking - food is fuel!  And, I need to stay focused on the end result - faster metabolism, healthier body and hopefully a love for some of these foods so that I can continue to eat clean most of the time after the 28 days are over.

The scale was AWESOME this morning!  I'm down 4 lbs in two days and the hubby is down 6.2 lbs!  I do anticipate slow down at some point, either later this week or in week 2, but as of today, I think it may actually be possible to lose 20lbs in a month by eating clean.


Energy: Again, no big increase in energy.  I actually feel a bit tired since I had to get up last night and de-bone the chicken for the soup.

Morning Weigh In:
Kiana: 159.2 lbs
Tone: 254.8 lbs


Menu:
Breakfast @ 7am:
Egg whites with garlic, onions and spinach, scrambled.

Snack @ 10:30am:
Beef jerky

Lunch @ 1:30pm:

Chicken and vegetable soup

Snack @ 3:45pm:
3 hard boiled egg whites and celery

Dinner @ 7:15pm:

Sirloin steak and asparagus


Notes on Food:

It was hard to cook breakfast - although I have great pans, the garlic and egg whites were sticking to the pan because I couldn't use olive oil - boo!  So, I'll have to re-read the food list and see what I can use so that I don't have half the eggs stuck to the pan tomorrow.
The soup was good - I could go for an extra kick or something to give a tad more flavor.  The hubby loved it so that's a plus!
Hard boiled egg whites - well, I don't like hard boiled eggs to begin with, so I was attempting something outside my comfort zone here and it was a FAIL!  I will stick to nitrate-free deli turkey or beef jerky as my protein source tomorrow.
Sirloin steak and asparagus - well, I live in MN and we had snow last night, so we decided to use the broiler instead of grilling the steak.  We put sea-salt and pepper on the steak and it was delicious.  I put lime juice, sea-salt and garlic on the asparagus and threw that in the other oven.  It was a great dinner - if steak wasn't so expensive, I'd eat that way every night! 

Preparation:
Preparation of food for the next day is going OK.  Some things were put together in the morning while breakfast was cooking - so not too bad.
As far as foods, I have been to Trader Joe's a total of 3 times in 4 days.  Partially because they didn't have what I wanted on the first trip and partially because I just don't know how big 4 cups of broccoli is.  I'm going to cut myself some slack and hope for a better shopping trip for week 2.

Workout:
P90X Chest and Back DVD

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your experience!
    Phase two is really tough.

    ReplyDelete