Sunday, May 5, 2013

Day 5 on the Fast Metabolism Diet - 5/3/13

Day 5 means a new phase for the next 3 days!  We get to introduce healthy fats and bring back in some grains and fruit - yeah oatmeal and blueberries!  And carrots that I can dip into hummus.  I truly can't believe I'm actually excited to eat oatmeal!

Big challenge for the day was going to the movie theater!  Ugh the popcorn smell was amazing!  But I had my water and veggies, I stayed focused and made it through successfully! 

My husband is having a harder time with cravings than me, especially as the weekend approaches. We are used to going out, eating popcorn, chips, cookies, ice cream and cheeseburgers all weekend. But at this point, I think we've done so well this week that I'm not interested in cheating - nor do I feel it's an option. I want to get my metabolism up so I don't have to continue to struggle with my weight. We are 5 days down - only 23 more to go! It's really not that long, so MIND OVER MATTER!


Morning Weigh In:
Kiana: 157.6 lbs
Anthony: 253.6 lbs

Menu:
Breakfast @ 7am:
Scrambled egg, oatmeal with blueberries, celery

Snack @ 10:00am:
Carrots and hummus

Lunch @ 1:00pm:

Leftover steak, cauliflower and a pear

Snack @ 3:45pm:
Celery and almond butter

Dinner @ 7:00pm:

Steak, zucchini and quinoa


Workout:
None

Notes on Food:
Quinoa - this was new for the hubby and something I've had before but had never made it myself. I used chicken broth instead of water and I think it turned out really good. Next time, I think I'll add some veggies into it instead of on the side.


Preparation:
Again, I'm still getting the hang of this diet as it switches gears a little bit. Although fruit and grains are added back in, there are some limitations - no apples in phase 3 :-(! I'm making minor adjustments and had a pear for lunch instead.  Tomorrow is the big dance day, so I'll be spending some time packing and prepping tonight or in the morning to ensure we have all the snacks we need to make it through the day successfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment