Monday, May 27, 2013

**Week 4 Recap of the Fast Metabolism Diet - 5/27/13 - FINALE!**

Well, here we are...WE DID IT!  I'm so proud of both my husband and I.  We stayed with the plan all month and we made it.  Together, we have lost 37 pounds in 28 days!!!  We didn't count a single calorie, we worked out less than we used to, we didn't cheat and we held each other accountable.  It really shows that hard work, determination and will-power really pays off.  If you put your mind to it and set a goal, you WILL get there.  It took a LOT of focus (and some complaining) to get to this day and we did it.  I'm truly happy that I had my partner by my side the whole time - I'm not sure I could have done it without him! 

Week 4 Weight Loss:
Kiana: 3.0 lbs
Anthony: 3.6 lbs

FINAL WEIGH IN:

Kiana:  148.6 lbs,  14.6 lbs lost or 8.9% in just 28 days!

Anthony: 238.6 lbs; 22.4 lbs lost or 8.6% in just 28 days!


 
There were so many more topics I could have discussed in this blog but didn't always have the time to write about.  If you want to know more or have specific questions, I am more than willing to chat about it with you.  This was a great experience for us and it can be a life-changing experience for you as well.  I highly recommend the book The Fast Metabolism Diet by Haylie Pomroy - there are so many more details about why you eat the types of foods that you do on this diet and how the order in which you eat it affects your body.

I've learned so much these last 4 weeks, such as, my amazing will-power and my ability to cook healthy meals even with a busy schedule. I feel that I now have a different perspective on what healthy eating really is. I look forward to our continuous progress on making healthier decisions for ourselves and for our family.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your journey. 2 days into it and it's insightful to see your weight loss experience.

    I read that some people just keep going with the program beyond 4 weeks. Give much thought to that or is it not worth the effort, given the slower weight loss you experienced?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi and thanks for reading my journey! Currently I have been doing the diet approx 5 days a week. I continue to eat every 3-4 hours everyday, and I stick to non-processed foods during those 5 days. The other 2 days, I'm usually going out to eat at least one of the days and going out for frozen yogurt, eating popcorn at the movies or some other yummy dessert the other day. I have been maintianing around 150 lbs, however with the several vacations we've had these last few weeks, I have bumped up a bit more. I find that when I do the diet for 4-5 days after a vacation, I get back to 150-151 lbs, so I'm still enjoying myself on vacation and maintaining my weight, which is awesome!

      I've learned a lot about what I need to eat, when, how much and what to avoid, that this is easily maintainable. Since I still want to lose some more weight, I will do another 4-week cycle. However, with all of the things going on this summer, I'll need to wait until September so that I can give my complete focus to the program.

      Thanks for the question and feel free to ask more!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for your blog - I've just read the recaps so far, but will read each day now. I'm starting week 2 tomorrow and am happy to say I've lost 5 pounds. Phase 2 remains a big challenge (just can't handle the egg whites - yuk!), but I'll soldier through.

    Seems like I've tried everything out there and I'm just TIRED of it. Hopefully, this one will be a life-changer for me and also hopefully, I will be able to inspire others to lose the weight for their health.

    It's good to see that you've been maintaining even with vacations. Good luck in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading all of your posts I`ve decided I`m going to try it.
    I`ve already read the book a few months ago but always found an excuse not to start it. But now you enthused me about it again and convinced me to do it (so thanks ;))However I still have some problems understanding all the things.
    Especially with portions. Could you please quickly explain how to measure food - fruit, meat, fish, etc.?
    And with leftovers - you just pack it in container and put it into freezer and then heat it in microwave or oven when you want to eat it? I probably sound silly but I`ve never prepaired whole meals ahead.
    I really hope I`ll be able to have such strong willpower as you and your husband have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Burning body fat requires a lot of energy. Since there is not a lot energy in the body to facilitate metabolism of fats, it is going to run at a very gradual pace ensuing to fatigue, sickness and a weak immune system.

    A low-calorie weight loss plan can also be compensated for by the body by burning muscle. Folks on such a weight-reduction plan who revert again to their old consuming habits find themselves gaining again some, if not all the excess weight they have shed off. The blog BestMetabolismBoosters(.)com has a lot of good tips too. Since fat has more volume than muscle, they end up having the same weight as before, but their body is now bulkier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. Not sure you'd still respond since this blog seems a few years old, but I'm hoping to find out if anyone has a calendar of their 28 days of meals and/or shopping list. Just so I can print it out quickly instead of going through & making my own. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete