Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Day 8 on the Fast Metabolism Diet - 5/6/13

Today is the beginning of week 2 - OMG we made it a week!  In my last post about the Week 1 recap - I lost 8.4 lbs and the hubby lost 10.8 lbs in one week!  AMAZING RESULTS!  I'm so proud of us!  We stuck together and didn't let the temptations get to us.  We had our moments but we leaned on each other to get us through and now we feel good.  I feel great - I'm back into my size 8 pants, my ring is starting to fall off again and overall I feel a sense of achievement.  My energy is about the same, perhaps a little better but it's Monday and I'm probably still recovering from an exhausting weekend. 

I'm looking forward to trying a couple of new recipes this week, of which one of them I did tonight and it was delicious!  I feel more relaxed going into this week since I know what to do from a planning perspective.  I'm also interested in what the scale will bring but I know that I can't possibly lose another 8 lbs in a week, so I'm hoping for at least 3 to 4lbs.  We shall see! 

Morning Weigh In:
Kiana: 154.8 lbs
Anthony: 250.2 lbs


Menu:

Breakfast @ 6:45am:
Oatmeal with blueberries

Snack @ 9:45am:
Apple

Lunch @ 12:45pm:

Broccoli and Chicken Rice bowl

Snack @ 3:45pm:
Apple


Dinner @ 6:30pm:

Chicken Sausage Fusilli

Workout:
Insanity Max Interval Circuit

Notes on Food:
Broccoli and Chicken rice bowl is a favorite of ours from last week.  It's actually pretty simple, it just takes about 30 min to cook - just enough time to do some dishes and laundry!  There is some prep work in chopping veggies but it's worth it.
Chicken Sausage Fusilli - this was awesome!  I've never had chicken sausage and was skeptical of the recipe when I first read it, but we tried it and it turned out great.  I'm so glad we have enough for leftovers for tomorrow.  Big plus - we got to have PASTA (we were both very surprised).  It was a brown rice pasta that I found at Kowalski's (No Wheat on this diet!).  The pasta was actually pretty light in texture and taste really good.  YUMMM!  This is definitely a recipe I will make forever!  It can easily be doubled to make for a gathering or to have more leftovers.  New favorite recipe!

Preparation:
I made lunch ahead for today and tomorrow - which is new for me.  I've never made a meal for future days, that I hadn't ate for dinner that night.  So cooking at 9pm last night for today's lunch was so different, yet felt good to get it done on a Sunday night.  I may think about prepping more meals for the week on Sundays, but I get nervous that it won't taste right or that it'll dry out from the fridge.  Anyway, something to consider for next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment