Monday, May 6, 2013

Week 1 Recap of the Fast Metabolism Diet - 5/6/13

Week 1 on the Fast Metabolism Diet was obviously challenging.  We went through many cravings and temptations yet kept our minds focused on the plan.  I think the hardest part of doing something different is starting.  But we started it and we are seeing results, so we are definitely continuing and going to make it to the 28 day finish line.  It takes 28 days to repair the metabolism - we have 7 days down, only 21 days to go!

My suggestion for those of you who want to start this plan is to avoid temptation as much as possible in the first week until you get into a rhythm with the diet.  Move those dinner plans that you have with friends - it just makes it easier to stay focused.  If you do go out, check out the restaurant's menu online beforehand, create a plan for what you are going to eat and stick with it.  You'll feel better that you were able to stay on plan and you'll gain an abundance of self-confidence and self-control because you can do this.  It just takes focus and determination!

I also found that it's easier to buy foods that my family likes or that we were willing to try. I bought some of the fruits and veggies in frozen form, because that works for our busy schedule.  Do what works best for you - if you don't have time to wash and cut up fresh veggies, buy the frozen version.

Our favorite recipes from the book so far are the Broccoli and Chicken rice bowl and the Vegetable and Chicken soup.  I'm hoping to try a new recipe every few days so that I don't get bored.  I plan to check out Whole Foods this upcoming week for some food items they didn't carry at Kowalski's or Trader Joe's, such as sprouted grain tortillas and safflower mayo.  Otherwise, I'll be searching online for these items!

Week 1 Weight Loss:
Kiana: 8.4 lbs
Anthony: 10.8 lbs

I'm really surprised by the weight loss considering all of the food we ate. It's like a Biggest Loser weight loss, without the extreme workouts!  This type of weight loss is not typical for me at all - it would normally take at least 2 months to lose this much weight and I did it only a week.  It just shows how clean eating is the way to go, along with the rotation of foods in the specific order. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that I won't ever eat at my favorite restaurants once in awhile, but that's just it - once in awhile, not all weekend long!  And with my metabolism back up to par, I'll be able to have that nice dinner out or dessert without stressing about weight gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment